Section 3924.48 | Parent required by court or administrative order to provide health care coverage for child - duties of health insurer.
(A) If a parent of a child is required by a court or administrative order to provide health care coverage for the child, and if the parent is eligible for family health care coverage provided by a health insurer, the health insurer shall do both of the following:
(1) If the child is otherwise eligible for the coverage, permit the parent to enroll the child under the family coverage without regard to any enrollment period restrictions;
(2) If the parent is enrolled under the coverage but fails to make application to obtain coverage for the child, enroll the child under the family coverage upon application of the child's other parent or pursuant to a child support order containing provisions in compliance with sections 3119.29 to 3119.56 of the Revised Code.
(B) The health insurer shall not terminate the child's coverage unless the health insurer is provided satisfactory written evidence of either of the following:
(1) The court or administrative order is no longer in effect.
(2) The child is or will be enrolled under comparable health care coverage provided by another health insurer, which coverage will take effect not later than the effective date of the termination of the current coverage.
(C) As used in this section, "child support order" has the same meaning as in section 3119.01 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- December 13, 2002 – House Bill 657, 124th General Assembly [ View December 13, 2002 Version ]