Section 4121.41 | Information on rights and responsibilities - optimum level of premium payment - complaints.
(A) The administrator of workers' compensation shall operate a program designed to inform employees and employers of their rights and responsibilities under Chapter 4123. of the Revised Code and as part of that program prepare and distribute pamphlets, which clearly and simply explain at least all of the following:
(1) The rights and responsibilities of claimants and employers;
(2) The procedures for processing claims;
(3) The procedure for fulfilling employer responsibility;
(4) All applicable statutes of limitation;
(5) The availability of services and benefits;
(6) The claimant's right to representation in the processing of a claim or to elect no representation.
The administrator shall ensure that the provisions of this section are faithfully and speedily implemented.
(B) The bureau of workers' compensation shall maintain an ongoing program to identify employers subject to Chapter 4123. of the Revised Code and to audit employers to ensure an optimum level of premium payment. The bureau shall coordinate such efforts with other governmental agencies which have information as to employers who are subject to Chapter 4123. of the Revised Code.
(C) The administrator shall handle complaints through the service offices, the claims section, and the ombudsperson program. The administrator shall provide toll free telephone lines for employers and claimants in order to expedite the handling of complaints. The bureau shall monitor complaint traffic to ensure an adequacy of telephone service to bureau offices and shall compile statistics on complaint subjects. Based upon those compilations, the bureau shall revise procedures and rules to correct major problem areas and submit data and recommendations annually to the appropriate committees of the general assembly.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 29, 2011 – House Bill 123 - 129th General Assembly [ View July 29, 2011 Version ]