Section 4303.03 | A-2 permit.
(A) Subject to division (B) of this section, permit A-2 may be issued to a manufacturer to manufacture wine from grapes, fruits, or other agricultural products; to import and purchase wine in bond for blending purposes, the total amount of wine so imported during the year covered by the permit not to exceed forty per cent of all the wine manufactured and imported; to manufacture, purchase, and import brandy for fortifying purposes; and to sell those products either in glass or container for consumption on the premises where manufactured, in sealed containers for consumption off the premises where manufactured, and to wholesale permit holders under the rules adopted by the division of liquor control.
(B)(1) The holder of an A-2 permit shall not sell directly to a retailer. In order to make sales to a retailer, the manufacturer shall obtain a B-2a permit or make the sale directly to a B-2 or B-5 permit holder for subsequent resale to a retailer.
(2) The holder of an A-2 permit shall not sell directly to a consumer unless the product is sold on the premises in accordance with division (A) of this section. In order to make sales to a consumer off the premises where the wine is manufactured, the manufacturer shall obtain an S-1 or S-2 permit.
(3) Nothing in this chapter prohibits an A-2 permit holder from also holding a B-2a, S-1, or S-2 permit.
(C) The fee for this permit is seventy-six dollars for each plant to which this permit is issued.
Last updated August 24, 2021 at 2:18 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 1, 2008 – Senate Bill 150, 127th General Assembly [ View September 1, 2008 Version ]
- September 28, 2016 – Amended by House Bill 342, 131st General Assembly [ View September 28, 2016 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110, 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]