Section 4303.031 | A-2f permit.
(A) Subject to divisions (B) and (C) of this section, permit A-2f may be issued to a manufacturer to do all of the following:
(1) Manufacture wine from grapes, fruits, or other agricultural products;
(2) Import and purchase wine in bond for blending purposes. The total amount of wine imported for blending purposes during any year covered by the permit shall not exceed forty per cent of all the wine manufactured and imported.
(3) Manufacture, purchase, and import brandy for fortifying purposes;
(4) Sell products produced under divisions (A)(1) to (3) of this section either in glass or container for consumption on the premises where manufactured, in sealed containers for consumption off the premises where manufactured, and to wholesale permit holders under the rules adopted by the division of liquor control.
(B) The division may issue permit A-2f to a manufacturer only if both of the following apply:
(1) The manufacturer grows grapes, fruits, or other agricultural products on property owned by the manufacturer that is classified as land devoted exclusively to agricultural use in accordance with section 5713.31 of the Revised Code.
(2) The manufacturer processes the grapes, fruits, or other agricultural products specified in division (B)(1) of this section into wine and sells the wine as authorized in this section.
(C)(1) The holder of an A-2f permit shall not sell directly to a retailer. In order to make sales to a retailer, the manufacturer shall obtain a B-2a permit or make the sale directly to a B-2 or B-5 permit holder for subsequent resale to a retailer.
(2) The holder of an A-2f permit shall not sell directly to a consumer unless the product is sold on the premises in accordance with division (A) of this section. In order to make sales to a consumer off the premises where the wine is manufactured, the manufacturer shall obtain an S permit.
(3) Nothing in this chapter prohibits an A-2f permit holder from also holding a B-2a or S permit.
(D) The fee for this permit is seventy-six dollars for each plant to which this permit is issued.
(E) The A-2f permit shall be known as the "Ohio Farm Winery Permit."
Available Versions of this Section
- September 28, 2016 – Enacted by House Bill 342, 131st General Assembly [ View September 28, 2016 Version ]