Section 4503.83 | Company logo license plates.
(A) The owner or lessee of a fleet of apportioned vehicles may apply to the registrar of motor vehicles for the registration of any apportioned vehicle, commercial trailer, or other vehicle of a class approved by the registrar and issuance of company logo license plates. The initial application shall be for not less than fifty eligible vehicles. The applicant shall provide the registrar the artwork for the company logo plate in a format designated by the registrar. The registrar shall approve the artwork or return the artwork for modification in accordance with any design requirements reasonably imposed by the registrar.
Upon approval of the artwork and receipt of the completed application and compliance with divisions (B) and (C) of this section, the registrar shall issue to the applicant the appropriate vehicle registration and the appropriate number of company logo license plates with a validation sticker or a validation sticker alone when required by section 4503.191 of the Revised Code, except that no validation sticker shall be issued under this section for either of the following:
(1) A motor vehicle for which the registration tax is specified in section 4503.042 of the Revised Code ;
(2) A motor vehicle that is issued a universal validation sticker under division (A)(2) of section 4503.191 of the Revised Code, except as provided by that section.
In addition to the letters and numbers ordinarily inscribed on license plates, company logo license plates shall be inscribed with words and markings requested by the applicant and approved by the registrar.
(B) A company logo license plate and a validation sticker or, when applicable, a validation sticker alone shall be issued upon payment of the applicable regular license tax prescribed in section 4503.042 or 4503.65 of the Revised Code for the registration of a vehicle in this state, any applicable fees prescribed in section 4503.10 of the Revised Code, any applicable motor vehicle tax levied under Chapter 4504. of the Revised Code, a bureau of motor vehicles fee of six dollars when a company logo license plate actually is issued, and compliance with all other applicable laws relating to the registration of motor vehicles. If a company logo plate is issued to replace an existing license plate for the same vehicle, the replacement license plate fees prescribed in division (A) of section 4503.19 of the Revised Code shall not apply.
(C) The registrar shall deposit the bureau of motor vehicles fee specified in division (B) of this section, the purpose of which is to compensate the bureau for the additional services required in issuing company logo license plates, in the public safety - highway purposes fund created in section 4501.06 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 2013 – House Bill 51, 130th General Assembly [ View July 1, 2013 Version ]
- July 1, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 26, 132nd General Assembly [ View July 1, 2017 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- August 1, 2018 – Amended by Senate Bill 170, 132nd General Assembly [ View August 1, 2018 Version ]
- June 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 74, 134th General Assembly [ View June 30, 2021 Version ]