Section 4508.06 | Refusal to issue, suspension or revocation of license.
(A) The director of public safety may refuse to issue, or may suspend or revoke, a license or may impose a fine of not more than ten thousand dollars per occurrence in any case in which the director finds the applicant or licensee has violated any of the provisions of this chapter, or any of the rules adopted by the director, or has failed to pay a fine imposed under this division. No person whose license has been suspended or revoked under this section shall fail to return the license to the director.
(B) In addition to the reasons for a suspension under division (A) of this section, the director may suspend a driver training instructor license without a prior hearing if the director believes there exists clear and convincing evidence of any of the following:
(1) The license holder has engaged in conduct that presents a clear and present danger to a student or students.
(2) The license holder has engaged in inappropriate contact with a student. "Inappropriate contact" means any of the following:
(a) Causing or attempting to cause "physical harm," as defined in division (A)(3) of section 2901.01 of the Revised Code;
(b) "Sexual activity," as defined in division (C) of section 2907.01 of the Revised Code;
(c) Engaging in any communication, either directly or through "telecommunication," as defined in division (X) of section 2913.01 of the Revised Code, that is of a sexual nature or intended to abuse, threaten, or harass the student.
(3) The license holder has been convicted of a felony, or a misdemeanor that directly relates to the fitness of that person to provide driving instruction.
(C) In addition to the reasons for a suspension under division (A) of this section, the director may suspend a driver training school license without a prior hearing if the director believes there exists clear and convincing evidence of any of the following:
(1) There exists a clear and present danger to the health, safety, or welfare of students should the school be permitted to continue operation.
(2) At the time the contract for training was signed, there was no intention to provide training, or no ability to provide training to students.
(3) Any school official knowingly allowed inappropriate contact, as defined in division (B)(2) of this section, between instructors and students.
(D) Immediately following a decision to impose a suspension without a prior hearing under division (B) or (C) of this section, the director, in accordance with section 119.07 of the Revised Code, shall issue a written order of suspension, cause it to be delivered to the license holder, and notify the license holder of the opportunity for a hearing. If timely requested by the license holder, a hearing shall be conducted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(E) The director shall deposit all fines collected under division (A) of this section into the state treasury to the credit of the public safety - highway purposes fund created by section 4501.06 of the Revised Code.
(F) Whoever fails to return a license that has been suspended or revoked under division (A), (B), or (C) of this section is guilty of failing to return a suspended or revoked license, a minor misdemeanor or, on a second or subsequent offense within two years after the first offense, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.