Section 4517.011 | Construction of chapter.
(A) The distribution and sale of motor vehicles in this state vitally affects commerce, the economy, and the public interest, welfare, and safety. In order to promote the interests of this state, Chapter 4517. of the Revised Code shall be liberally construed in order to ensure a sound system for distributing and selling motor vehicles through all of the following:
(1) Enforcing the comprehensive and uniform framework for licensing and regulating manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, and dealers of motor vehicles;
(2) Promoting the right of the public to post-sale mechanical and operational services between the buyer and seller that are necessary to ensure the safe operating condition of a motor vehicle and are expected and implied at the time of sale;
(3) Enforcing Chapter 4517. of the Revised Code as to other persons to provide for compliance with the manufacturer's warranties and to prevent fraud, unfair practices, discrimination, or other abuses;
(4) Maintaining full and fair competition among intra- brand and inter-brand dealers;
(5) Maintaining strong and sound dealerships in order to provide continuing and necessary reliable services to the citizens of this state and to provide stable employment to the citizens of this state.
(B) The distribution and sale of motor vehicles is a matter of general statewide interest that requires uniform statewide regulation and the provisions of the Revised Code governing such distribution and sale constitute a comprehensive plan with regard to such issues.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 14, 2016 – Enacted by Senate Bill 242, 131st General Assembly [ View September 14, 2016 Version ]