Section 4519.40 | Prohibited acts.
(A) The applicable provisions of Chapters 4511. and 4549. of the Revised Code apply to the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles, except that no person shall operate a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle as follows:
(1) On any state highway, including a limited access highway or freeway or the right-of-way thereof, except for emergency travel during such time and in such manner as the director of public safety designates or except as authorized by division (F) of section 4519.41 of the Revised Code;
(2) On any private property, or in any nursery or planting area, without the permission of the owner or other person having the right to possession of the property;
(3) On any land or waters controlled by the state, except at those locations where a sign has been posted permitting such operation;
(4) On the tracks or right-of-way of any operating railroad;
(5) While transporting any firearm, bow, or other implement for hunting, that is not unloaded and securely encased;
(6) For the purpose of chasing, pursuing, capturing, or killing any animal or wildfowl;
(7) During the time from sunset to sunrise, unless displaying lighted lights as required by section 4519.20 of the Revised Code.
(B) Whoever violates this section shall be fined not less than fifty nor more than five hundred dollars, imprisoned not less than three nor more than thirty days, or both.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2004 – Senate Bill 123 - 124th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2004 Version ]
- June 30, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 26 - 132nd General Assembly [ View June 30, 2017 Version ]