Section 4707.21 | Records and information.
(A) No auction firm or auctioneer shall do any of the following:
(1) Willfully neglect or refuse to furnish the department of agriculture statistics or other information in the auction firm's or auctioneer's possession or under the auction firm's or auctioneer's control that the auction firm or auctioneer is authorized to collect;
(2) Neglect or refuse, for more than thirty days, to answer questions submitted on circulars;
(3) Knowingly answer any questions submitted on circulars specified in division (A)(2) of this section falsely;
(4) Refuse to obey subpoenas and give testimony.
(B) Licensees, as well as charitable, religious, or civic organizations and schools that sponsor an auction under division (B)(5)(b) of section 4707.02 of the Revised Code, shall keep records relative to any auction for at least two years from its date. These records shall include settlement sheets, written contracts, and copies of any advertising that lists the items for auction, as applicable.
Last updated July 7, 2022 at 2:16 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 12, 2008 – House Bill 48 - 127th General Assembly [ View September 12, 2008 Version ]
- September 13, 2022 – Amended by House Bill 321 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 13, 2022 Version ]