Section 4713.62 | Continuing education approval of program.
(A) An individual holding a practicing license, advanced license, instructor license, or boutique services registration may satisfy a continuing education requirement established by rules adopted under section 4713.09 of the Revised Code only by completing continuing education programs approved under division (B) of this section.
(B) The state board of cosmetology shall approve a continuing education program if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
(1) The person operating the program submits to the board a written application for approval.
(2) The person operating the program pays to the board a fee established by rules adopted under section 4713.08 of the Revised Code.
(3) The program is operated by an employee, officer, or director of a nonprofit professional association, college or university, proprietary continuing education institutions providing programs approved by the board, vocational school, postsecondary proprietary school of cosmetology licensed by the board, salon licensed by the board, or manufacturer of supplies or equipment used in the practice of a branch of cosmetology.
(4) The program will do at least one of the following:
(a) Enhance the professional competency of the affected licensees or registrants ;
(b) Protect the public;
(c) Educate the affected licensees or registrants in the application of the laws and rules regulating the practice of a branch of cosmetology.
(5) The person operating the program provides the board a tentative schedule of when the program will be available so that the board can make the schedule readily available to all licensees and registrants throughout the state.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 30, 2013 – House Bill 3 - 130th General Assembly [ View July 30, 2013 Version ]
- September 13, 2016 – Amended by Senate Bill 213 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 13, 2016 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]