Section 4723.48 | Delegation of authority to administer certain drugs.
(A) A clinical nurse specialist, certified nurse-midwife, or certified nurse practitioner who holds a license to practice nursing issued under section 4723.42 of the Revised Code may delegate to a person not otherwise authorized to administer drugs the authority to administer to a specified patient a drug, unless the drug is a controlled substance or is listed in the formulary established in rules adopted under section 4723.50 of the Revised Code. The delegation shall be in accordance with division (B) of this section and standards and procedures established in rules adopted under division (N) of section 4723.07 of the Revised Code.
(B) Prior to delegating the authority, the nurse shall do both of the following:
(1) Assess the patient and determine that the drug is appropriate for the patient;
(2) Determine that the person to whom the authority will be delegated has met the conditions specified in division (D) of section 4723.489 of the Revised Code.
Last updated March 22, 2023 at 11:46 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- March 20, 2013 – House Bill 303 - 129th General Assembly [ View March 20, 2013 Version ]
- October 15, 2015 – Senate Bill 110 - 131st General Assembly [ View October 15, 2015 Version ]
- April 6, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 216 - 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]
- April 6, 2023 – Amended by House Bill 509 - 134th General Assembly [ View April 6, 2023 Version ]