Section 4723.90 | Doula advisory board.
(A) There is hereby established within the board of nursing the doula advisory board.
(B)(1) The advisory board shall consist of at least thirteen but not more than fifteen members appointed by the board of nursing.
The overall composition of the membership of the advisory board shall be as follows:
(a) At least three members shall represent communities most impacted by negative maternal and infant health outcomes.
(b) At least six members shall be doulas with current, valid certification from a doula certification organization.
(c) At least one member shall be a public health official, physician, nurse, or social worker.
(d) At least one member shall be a consumer.
(2) Both of the following apply to the board of nursing in appointing members to the advisory board:
(a) A good faith effort shall be made to select members who represent counties with higher rates of infant and maternal mortality, particularly those counties with the largest disparities.
(b) Priority shall be given to individuals with direct service experience providing care to infants and pregnant and postpartum women.
(C) The advisory board, by a majority vote of a quorum of its members, shall select an individual to serve as its chairperson. The advisory board may replace a chairperson in the same manner.
(D) Of the initial appointments to the advisory board, half shall be appointed to a term of one year and half shall be appointed to a term of two years. Thereafter, all terms shall be two years. The board of nursing shall fill a vacancy as soon as practicable.
(E) If requested, a member shall receive per diem compensation for, as well as reimbursement of actual and necessary expenses incurred pursuant to, fulfilling the member's duties on the advisory board.
(F) The advisory board shall meet at the call of the advisory board's chairperson as often as the chairperson determines necessary for timely completion of the board's duties as described in this section.
(G) The board of nursing shall provide meeting space, staff services, and other technical assistance required by the advisory board in carrying out its duties.
(H) The advisory board shall do all of the following:
(1) Provide general advice, guidance, and recommendations to the board of nursing regarding doula certification and the adoption of rules under divisions (C)(3) and (5) of section 4723.89 of the Revised Code;
(2) Provide general advice, guidance, and recommendations to the department of medicaid regarding the program operated under section 5164.071 of the Revised Code;
(3) Make recommendations to the medicaid director regarding the adoption of rules for purposes of section 5164.071 of the Revised Code.
Last updated August 31, 2023 at 4:39 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- October 3, 2023 – Enacted by House Bill 33 - 135th General Assembly [ View October 3, 2023 Version ]