Section 4725.411 | Dispensing prepackaged soft contact lenses.
(A) Each licensed spectacle dispensing optician shall complete two hours of study in prepackaged soft contact lens dispensing approved by the state vision professionals board under section 4725.51 of the Revised Code. The two hours of study shall be completed as follows:
(1) Each licensed spectacle dispensing optician who holds the license on September 29, 2015, shall complete the two hours of study not later than December 31, 2015.
(2) Each licensed spectacle dispensing optician who receives the license after September 29, 2015, shall complete the two hours of study not later than the thirty-first day of December of the year the license is issued.
(B) Beginning January 1, 2016, a licensed spectacle dispensing optician may dispense prepackaged soft contact lenses if both of the following are the case:
(1) The licensed spectacle dispensing optician has completed two hours of study in prepackaged soft contact lens dispensing in accordance with division (A) of this section.
(2) The only action necessary is to match the description of the contact lenses that is on the packaging to a written prescription.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 23, 2015 – House Bill 258 - 130th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2015 Version ]
- September 29, 2015 – House Bill 64 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]