Section 4730.06 | Recommendations to state medical board.
(A) The physician assistant policy committee of the state medical board shall review, and shall submit to the board recommendations concerning, all of the following:
(1) Requirements for issuing a license to practice as a physician assistant, including the educational requirements that must be met to receive the license;
(2) Existing and proposed rules pertaining to the practice of physician assistants, the supervisory relationship between physician assistants and supervising physicians, and the administration and enforcement of this chapter;
(3) In accordance with section 4730.38 of the Revised Code, physician-delegated prescriptive authority for physician assistants and proposed changes to the physician assistant formulary the board adopts pursuant to division (A)(1) of section 4730.39 of the Revised Code;
(4) Application procedures and forms for a license to practice as a physician assistant;
(5) Fees required by this chapter for issuance and renewal of a license to practice as a physician assistant;
(6) Any issue the board asks the committee to consider.
(B) In addition to the matters that are required to be reviewed under division (A) of this section, the committee may review, and may submit to the board recommendations concerning quality assurance activities to be performed by a supervising physician and physician assistant under a quality assurance system established pursuant to division (F) of section 4730.21 of the Revised Code.
(C) The board shall take into consideration all recommendations submitted by the committee. Not later than ninety days after receiving a recommendation from the committee, the board shall approve or disapprove the recommendation and notify the committee of its decision. If a recommendation is disapproved, the board shall inform the committee of its reasons for making that decision. The committee may resubmit the recommendation after addressing the concerns expressed by the board and modifying the disapproved recommendation accordingly. Not later than ninety days after receiving a resubmitted recommendation, the board shall approve or disapprove the recommendation. There is no limit on the number of times the committee may resubmit a recommendation for consideration by the board.
(D)(1) Except as provided in division (D)(2) of this section, the board may not take action regarding a matter that is subject to the committee's review under division (A) or (B) of this section unless the committee has made a recommendation to the board concerning the matter.
(2) If the board submits to the committee a request for a recommendation regarding a matter that is subject to the committee's review under division (A) or (B) of this section, and the committee does not provide a recommendation before the sixty-first day after the request is submitted, the board may take action regarding the matter without a recommendation.