Section 4730.20 | Services performed by physician assistant.
(A) A physician assistant licensed under this chapter may perform any of the following services authorized by the supervising physician that are part of the supervising physician's normal course of practice and expertise:
(1) Ordering diagnostic, therapeutic, and other medical services;
(2) Prescribing physical therapy or referring a patient to a physical therapist for physical therapy;
(3) Ordering occupational therapy or referring a patient to an occupational therapist for occupational therapy;
(5) Determining and pronouncing death in accordance with section 4730.202 of the Revised Code;
(6) Assisting in surgery;
(7) If the physician assistant holds a valid prescriber number issued by the state medical board and has been granted physician-delegated prescriptive authority, ordering, prescribing, personally furnishing, and administering drugs and medical devices;
(8) Any other services that are part of the supervising physician's normal course of practice and expertise.
(B) The services a physician assistant may provide under the policies of a health care facility are limited to the services the facility authorizes the physician assistant to provide for the facility. A facility shall not authorize a physician assistant to perform a service that is prohibited under this chapter. A physician who is supervising a physician assistant within a health care facility may impose limitations on the physician assistant's practice that are in addition to any limitations applicable under the policies of the facility.