Section 4731.252 | Eligibility.
(A) A practitioner is eligible to participate in the program established under section 4731.251 of the Revised Code if all of the following are the case:
(1) T he practitioner is impaired.
(2) The practitioner has not participated previously in the program.
(3) Unless the state medical board has referred the practitioner to the program, the practitioner has not been sanctioned previously by the board under division (B)(5) of section 4730.25, division (B)(26) of section 4731.22, division (A)(18) of section 4759.07, division (B)(6) of section 4760.13, division (A)(18) of section 4761.09, division (B)(6) of section 4762.13, division (B)(6) of section 4774.13, or division (B)(6) of section 4778.14 of the Revised Code.
(B) All of the following apply to a practitioner who participates in the program:
(1) The practitioner must comply with all terms and conditions for continued participation in and successful completion of the program.
(2) On acceptance into the program, the practitioner must suspend practice until after the later of the following:
(a) The date the treatment provider determines that the practitioner is no longer impaired and is able to practice according to acceptable and prevailing standards of care;
(b) The end of a period specified by the treatment provider, which shall be not less than thirty days.
(3) The practitioner is responsible for all costs associated with participation.
(4) The practitioner is deemed to have waived any right to confidentiality that would prevent the monitoring organization conducting the program or a treatment provider from making reports required by section 4731.251 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- February 8, 2018 – Enacted by House Bill 145, 132nd General Assembly [ View February 8, 2018 Version ]