Section 4731.301 | Adoption of rules regarding certificate to recommend.
(A) Not later than one year after the effective date of this section, the state medical board shall adopt rules establishing all of the following:
(1) The procedures when applying for a certificate to recommend under section 4731.301 of the Revised Code;
(2) The conditions that must be met to be eligible for a certificate to recommend;
(3) The schedule and procedures for renewing a certificate to recommend;
(4) The reasons for which a certificate may be suspended or revoked;
(5) The standards under which a certificate suspension may be lifted;
(6) The minimal standards of care when recommending treatment with medical marijuana.
The rules shall be adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(B) In addition to the rules described in division (A) of this section, the board may adopt any other rules it considers necessary to implement sections 4731.30 and 4731.302 of the Revised Code which may include rules specifying the information that must be included in a written recommendation issued under section 4731.30 of the Revised Code. The rules shall be adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(C) The board shall approve one or more continuing medical education courses of study, which may be a course or courses certified by the Ohio state medical association or Ohio osteopathic association, that assist physicians holding certificates to recommend in both of the following:
(1) Diagnosing qualifying medical conditions as defined in section 3796.01 of the Revised Code;
(2) Treating qualifying medical conditions with medical marijuana.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 8, 2016 – House Bill 523, 131st General Assembly [ View September 8, 2016 Version ]