Section 4752.02 | Licensing or certification of home medical equipment providers.
(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, no person shall provide home medical equipment services or claim to the public to be a home medical equipment services provider unless either of the following is the case:
(1) The person holds a valid license issued under this chapter;
(2) The person holds a valid certificate of registration issued under this chapter.
(B) Division (A) of this section does not apply to any of the following:
(1) A health care practitioner, as defined in section 4769.01 of the Revised Code, who does not sell or rent home medical equipment;
(2) A hospital that provides home medical equipment services only as an integral part of patient care and does not provide the services through a separate entity that has its own medicare or medicaid provider number;
(3) A manufacturer or wholesale distributor of home medical equipment that does not sell directly to the public;
(4) A hospice care program or pediatric respite care program, as defined by section 3712.01 of the Revised Code, that does not sell or rent home medical equipment;
(5) A home, as defined by section 3721.01 of the Revised Code;
(6) A home health agency that is certified under Title XVIII of the "Social Security Act," 79 Stat. 286 (1965), 42 U.S.C. 1395, as a provider of home health services and does not sell or rent home medical equipment;
(7) An individual who holds a current, valid license issued under Chapter 4741. of the Revised Code to practice veterinary medicine;
(8) An individual who holds a current, valid license issued under Chapter 4779. of the Revised Code to practice orthotics, prosthetics, or pedorthics;
(9) A pharmacy licensed under Chapter 4729. of the Revised Code that either does not sell or rent home medical equipment or receives total payments of less than ten thousand dollars per year from selling or renting home medical equipment;
(10) A home dialysis equipment provider regulated by federal law.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 20, 2013 – House Bill 303, 129th General Assembly [ View March 20, 2013 Version ]