Section 4752.01 | Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(A) "Authorized health care professional" means a person authorized under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery or otherwise authorized under Ohio law to prescribe the use of home medical equipment by a patient.
(B) "Home medical equipment" means equipment that can stand repeated use, is primarily and customarily used to serve a medical purpose, is not useful to a person in the absence of illness or injury, is appropriate for use in the home, and is one or more of the following:
(1) Life-sustaining equipment prescribed by an authorized health care professional that mechanically sustains, restores, or supplants a vital bodily function, such as breathing;
(2) Technologically sophisticated medical equipment prescribed by an authorized health care professional that requires individualized adjustment or regular maintenance by a home medical equipment services provider to maintain a patient's health care condition or the effectiveness of the equipment;
(3) An item specified by the state board of pharmacy in rules adopted under division (B) of section 4752.17 of the Revised Code.
(C) "Home medical equipment services" means the sale, delivery, installation, maintenance, replacement, or demonstration of home medical equipment.
(D) "Home medical equipment services provider" means a person engaged in offering home medical equipment services to the public.
(E) "Hospital" has the same meaning as in section 3727.01 of the Revised Code.
(F) "Sell or rent" means to transfer ownership or the right to use property, whether in person or through an agent, employee, or other person, in return for compensation.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 16, 2004 – House Bill 105 - 125th General Assembly [ View September 16, 2004 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]