Section 4752.17 | Administrative rules.
(A) The state board of pharmacy shall adopt rules to implement and administer this chapter. The rules shall do all of the following:
(1) Specify items considered to be home medical equipment for purposes of divisions (B)(1) and (2) of section 4752.01 of the Revised Code;
(2) Establish procedures for issuance and renewal of licenses and certificates of registration under this chapter, including the duties that may be fulfilled by the board's executive director and other board employees;
(3) Specify the national accrediting bodies the board recognizes for purposes of issuing certificates of registration under this chapter;
(4) Establish standards an applicant must meet to be eligible to be granted a license under section 4752.05 of the Revised Code;
(5) Establish standards for personnel policies, equipment storage, equipment maintenance, and record keeping to be followed by home medical equipment services providers licensed under this chapter;
(6) Establish standards for continuing education programs in home medical equipment services for individuals who provide home medical equipment services while employed by or under the control of a home medical equipment services provider licensed under this chapter;
(7) Establish standards and procedures for inspection of home medical equipment providers licensed under this chapter and the facilities from which their home medical equipment services are provided;
(8) Establish fees for issuing and renewing licenses under this chapter, in an amount sufficient to meet the expenses the board incurs in administering the licensing program;
(9) Establish fees for issuing and renewing certificates of registration under this chapter, in an amount sufficient to meet the expenses the board incurs in administering the registration program;
(10) Establish any other standards, requirements, or procedures the board considers necessary for the implementation or administration of this chapter.
(B) The board may adopt rules specifying items that are considered home medical equipment for purposes of division (B)(3) of section 4752.01 of the Revised Code.
(C) Rules shall be adopted under this chapter in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code. Prior to adopting any rule, the board shall consult with representatives of any association of home medical equipment services providers that do business in this state.