Section 4760.061 | Prerequisites to resumption of practice.
(A) This section applies to both of the following:
(1) An applicant seeking restoration of a license issued under this chapter that has been in a suspended or inactive state for any cause for more than two years;
(2) An applicant seeking issuance of a license pursuant to this chapter who for more than two years has not been practicing as an anesthesiologist assistant as either of the following:
(a) An active practitioner;
(b) A participant in a training program as described in section 4760.031 of the Revised Code.
(B) Before issuing a license to an applicant subject to this section or restoring a license to good standing for an applicant subject to this section, the state medical board may impose terms and conditions including any one or more of the following:
(1) Requiring the applicant to pass an oral or written examination, or both, to determine the applicant's present fitness to resume practice;
(2) Requiring the applicant to obtain additional training and to pass an examination upon completion of such training;
(3) Requiring an assessment of the applicant's physical skills for purposes of determining whether the applicant's coordination, fine motor skills, and dexterity are sufficient for performing evaluations and procedures in a manner that meets the minimal standards of care;
(4) Requiring an assessment of the applicant's skills in recognizing and understanding diseases and conditions;
(5) Requiring the applicant to undergo a comprehensive physical examination, which may include an assessment of physical abilities, evaluation of sensory capabilities, or screening for the presence of neurological disorders;
(6) Restricting or limiting the extent, scope, or type of practice of the applicant.
The board shall consider the moral background and the activities of the applicant during the period of suspension or inactivity. The board shall not issue or restore a license under this section unless the applicant complies with sections 4776.01 to 4776.04 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 17, 2019 – Enacted by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]