Section 4765.391 | Administration of immunizations for influenza to firefighters or EMTs.
(A) The medical director or cooperating physician advisory board of each emergency medical service organization may authorize one or more emergency medical technicians-paramedic within the organization to administer immunizations for influenza to either of the following:
(1) A full-time paid firefighter, part-time paid firefighter, or volunteer firefighter;
(2) An emergency medical technician-basic, emergency medical technician-intermediate, or paramedic.
(B) The medical director or cooperating physician advisory board of each emergency medical service organization shall establish written protocols and training necessary for a paramedic to administer an immunization for influenza under this section. A paramedic administering an immunization under this section shall do so in accordance with the protocols and training.
(C) For each immunization administered under this section, the paramedic administering the immunization shall, not later than thirty days after the immunization is administered, do either of the following:
(1) Provide notice of the immunization administration to the board of health of the city or general health district in which the individual receiving the immunization resides or, if there is no board of health for that district, the authority having the duties of a board of health under section 3709.05 of the Revised Code;
(2) Submit the immunization administration information to the state immunization registry maintained by the department of health.
Available Versions of this Section
- August 15, 2012 – House Bill 244, 129th General Assembly [ View August 15, 2012 Version ]