Section 4783.04 | Application for certificate; eligibility.
(A) An individual seeking a certificate to practice as a certified Ohio behavior analyst shall file with the state board of psychology a written application on a form prescribed and supplied by the board. To be eligible for a certificate, the individual shall do all of the following:
(1) Demonstrate that the applicant conducts the applicant's professional activities in accordance with accepted professional and ethical standards;
(3) Demonstrate an understanding of the law regarding behavioral health practice;
(4) Demonstrate current certification as a board certified behavior analyst by the behavior analyst certification board or its successor organization or demonstrate completion of equivalent requirements and passage of a psychometrically valid examination administered by a nationally accredited credentialing organization;
(5) Pay the fee established by the state board of psychology.
(B) The state board of psychology shall review all applications received under this section. The state board of psychology shall not grant a certificate to an applicant for an initial certificate unless the applicant complies with sections 4776.01 to 4776.04 of the Revised Code. If the state board of psychology determines that an applicant satisfies the requirements for a certificate to practice as a certified Ohio behavior analyst, the state board of psychology shall issue the applicant a certificate.
Last updated March 3, 2023 at 12:15 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – Amended by House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]
- October 9, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 263 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 9, 2021 Version ]
- December 29, 2023 – Amended by Senate Bill 131 - 134th General Assembly [ View December 29, 2023 Version ]