Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 5101.1412 | Voluntary participation agreement for child's care and placement.

You are viewing a past version of this section that is no longer in effect View Current Version

(A) Without the approval of a court, an emancipated young adult who receives payments, or on whose behalf payments are received, under division (A) of section 5101.1411 of the Revised Code, may enter into a voluntary participation agreement with the department of job and family services, or its representative, for the emancipated young adult's care and placement. The agreement shall stay in effect until one of the following occurs:

(1) The emancipated young adult enrolled in the program notifies the department, or its representative, that they want to terminate the agreement.

(2) The emancipated young adult becomes ineligible for the program.

(B) During the one-hundred-eighty-day period after the voluntary participation agreement becomes effective, the department or its representative shall seek approval from the court that the emancipated young adult's best interest is served by continuing the care and placement with the department or its representative.

(C) In order to maintain Title IV-E eligibility for the emancipated young adult, not later than twelve months after the effective date of the voluntary participation agreement, and at least once every twelve months thereafter, the department or its representative must petition the court for, and obtain, a judicial determination that the department or its representative has made reasonable efforts to finalize a permanency plan that addresses the department's or its representative's efforts to prepare the emancipated young adult for independence.

Available Versions of this Section