Section 5101.631 | Uniform statewide automated adult protective services information system.
(A) The department of job and family services shall establish and maintain a uniform statewide automated adult protective services information system. The information system shall contain records regarding all of the following:
(1) All reports of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of adults made to county departments of job and family services under section 5101.63 of the Revised Code;
(2) Investigations conducted under section 5101.65 of the Revised Code;
(4) Any other information related to adults in need of protective services that state or federal law, regulation, or rule requires the department or a county department to maintain.
(B) The department shall plan implementation of the information system on a county-by-county basis. The department shall promptly notify all county departments of the initiation and completion of statewide implementation of the information system.
(C)(1) The department shall, upon request, release information in the information system to county departments conducting investigations pursuant to section 5101.65 of the Revised Code and to local law enforcement agencies conducting criminal investigations. The department may release information in the information system to law enforcement agencies through the Ohio law enforcement gateway established under section 109.57 of the Revised Code. Information contained in the information system may be accessed or used only in a manner, to the extent, and for the purposes authorized by this section and rules adopted by the department.
(2) Except as provided in division (C)(1) of this section and in rules adopted by the department pursuant to that division, no person shall knowingly do either of the following:
(a) Access or use information contained in the information system;
(b) Disclose information obtained from the information system.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2018 – House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2018 Version ]