Section 5101.702 | Hearing.
(A) If an order is issued pursuant to section 5101.701 of the Revised Code, the court shall hold a hearing not later than twenty-four hours after the issuance to determine whether there is probable cause for the order, except that if the day following the day on which the order is issued is not a working day, the court shall hold the hearing on the next working day.
(B) At the hearing, the court:
(1) Shall determine whether protective services are the least restrictive alternative available for meeting the adult's needs;
(2) May issue temporary orders to protect the adult from immediate and irreparable physical harm or immediate and irreparable financial harm, including, but not limited to, temporary protection orders, evaluations, and orders requiring a party to vacate the adult's place of residence or legal settlement;
(3) May order emergency services;
(4) May freeze the financial assets of the adult.
(C) A temporary order issued pursuant to division (B)(2) of this section is effective for thirty days. The court may renew the order for an additional thirty-day period.
Information contained in the order may be entered into the law enforcement automated data system.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2018 – House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2018 Version ]