Section 5101.971 | Annual report.
(A) The department of human services shall prepare an annual report on individual development account programs established by county departments of human services based on the information provided pursuant to division (E) of section 329.12 of the Revised Code and file the report with the governor, president and minority leader of the senate, and speaker and minority leader of the house of representatives. The department shall file the report on the first day of October of each year, beginning in 1998.
(B) The department shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code to govern the implementation of individual development account programs under sections 329.11 to 329.14 of the Revised Code by county departments of human services, which shall include rules covering all of the following:
(1) Imposing a penalty for unauthorized use of matching contributions;
(2) Specifying the information that must be included in the county department's report to the department under section 329.12 of the Revised Code;
(3) Specifying the responsibilities of a fiduciary organization under an individual development account program established under section 329.12 of the Revised Code. The rules shall be consistent with section 404(h) of the "Social Security Act" as amended by the "Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996," 110 Stat. 2105, 42 U.S.C. 604(h).
The responsibilities of a fiduciary organization may include marketing; soliciting matching contributions; counseling account holders; conducting verification, compliance, and evaluation activities; and any other responsibilities considered appropriate by the state department.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 1, 1997 – House Bill 408 - 122nd General Assembly [ View October 1, 1997 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]