Section 5119.11 | Medical director; qualifications; duties.
(A) The director of mental health and addiction services shall appoint a medical director who is eligible or certified by the American board of psychiatry and neurology or the American osteopathic board of neurology and psychiatry, and has at least five years of clinical and two years of administrative experience. The medical director shall also have certification or substantial training and experience in the field of addiction medicine or addiction psychiatry. The medical director shall be responsible for decisions relating to medical diagnosis, treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, quality assurance, and the clinical aspects of addiction services and mental health services involving all of the following:
(1) Licensure of hospitals, residential facilities, and outpatient facilities;
(3) Community addiction and mental health plans;
(4) Certification and delivery of addiction and mental health services.
(B) The medical director shall also exercise clinical supervision of the chief clinical officers of hospitals and institutions under the jurisdiction of the department and shall review and approve decisions relating to the employment of the chief clinical officers. The medical director or the medical director's designee shall advise the director on matters relating to licensure, research, the certification and delivery of addiction services and mental health services, and community addiction and mental health plans. The medical director shall participate in the development of guidelines for community addiction and mental health plans. The director of mental health and addiction services may establish other duties of the medical director.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]
- September 29, 2015 – House Bill 64 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]
- July 1, 2017 – Amended by Senate Bill 319 - 131st General Assembly [ View July 1, 2017 Version ]