Section 5123.50 | Registry of employees guilty of abuse, neglect or misappropriation definitions.
(A) "Abuse" means all of the following:
(1) The use of physical force that can reasonably be expected to result in physical harm or serious physical harm;
(2) Sexual abuse;
(3) Verbal abuse.
(B) "Misappropriation" means depriving, defrauding, or otherwise obtaining the real or personal property of an individual by any means prohibited by the Revised Code, including violations of Chapter 2911. or 2913. of the Revised Code.
(C) " Developmental disabilities employee" means all of the following:
(1) An employee of the department of developmental disabilities;
(2) An employee of a county board of developmental disabilities;
(3) An employee in a position that includes providing specialized services to an individual with a developmental disability;
(4) An independent provider as defined in section 5123.16 of the Revised Code.
(D) "Neglect" means, when there is a duty to do so, failing to provide an individual with any treatment, care, goods, or services that are necessary to maintain the health and safety of the individual.
(E) "Offense of violence" has the same meaning as in section 2901.01 of the Revised Code.
(F) "Physical harm" and "serious physical harm" have the same meanings as in section 2901.01 of the Revised Code.
(G) "Prescribed medication" has the same meaning as in section 5123.41 of the Revised Code.
(H) "Sexual abuse" means unlawful sexual conduct or sexual contact.
(I) "Specialized services" means any program or service designed and operated to serve primarily individuals with developmental disabilities, including a program or service provided by an entity licensed or certified by the department of developmental disabilities. A program or service available to the general public is not a specialized service.
(J) "Verbal abuse" means purposely using words to threaten, coerce, intimidate, harass, or humiliate an individual.
(K) "Sexual conduct," "sexual contact," and "spouse" have the same meanings as in section 2907.01 of the Revised Code.