Section 5139.13 | Facilities for treatment and training of children.
(A) The department of youth services shall do all of the following:
(1) Control and manage all institutions for the rehabilitation of delinquent children and youthful offenders that are operated by the state, except where the control and management of an institution is vested by law in another agency;
(2) Provide treatment and training for children committed to the department and assigned by the department to various institutions under its control and management, including, but not limited to, for a child committed to it for an act that is a sexually oriented offense or a child-victim oriented offense, treatment that is appropriate for a child who commits an act that is a sexually oriented offense or a child-victim oriented offense and that is intended to ensure that the child does not commit any subsequent act that is a sexually oriented offense or a child-victim oriented offense;
(3) Establish and maintain appropriate reception centers for the reception of children committed to the department and employ competent persons to have charge of those centers and to conduct investigations;
(4) Establish and maintain any other facilities necessary for the training, treatment, and rehabilitation of children committed to the department.
(B) As used in this section, "sexually oriented offense" and "child-victim oriented offense" have the same meanings as in section 2950.01 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2008 – Senate Bill 10, 127th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2008 Version ]