Section 5162.52 | Health care/medicaid support and recoveries fund.
(A) The health care/medicaid support and recoveries fund is hereby created in the state treasury. All of the following shall be credited to the fund:
(1) Except as otherwise provided by statute or as authorized by the controlling board, the nonfederal share of all medicaid-related revenues, collections, and recoveries;
(2) Federal reimbursement received for payment adjustments made pursuant to the "Social Security Act," section 1923, 42 U.S.C. 1396r-4, under the medicaid program to state mental health hospitals maintained and operated by the department of mental health and addiction services under division (A) of section 5119.14 of the Revised Code;
(3) Revenues the department of medicaid receives from another state agency for medicaid services pursuant to an interagency agreement;
(4) The money the department of medicaid receives in a fiscal year for performing eligibility verification services necessary for compliance with the independent, certified audit requirement of 42 C.F.R. 455.304;
(5) The nonfederal share of all rebates paid by drug manufacturers to the department of medicaid in accordance with a rebate agreement required by the "Social Security Act," section 1927, 42 U.S.C. 1396r-8;
(6) The nonfederal share of all supplemental rebates paid by drug manufacturers to the department of medicaid in accordance with the supplemental drug rebate program established under section 5164.755 of the Revised Code;
(8) The application fees charged to providers under section 5164.31 of the Revised Code;
(9) The fines collected under section 5165.1010 of the Revised Code;
(10) Amounts from assessments on hospitals under section 5168.06 of the Revised Code and intergovernmental transfers by governmental hospitals under section 5168.07 of the Revised Code that are deposited into the fund in accordance with the law.
(B) The department of medicaid shall use money credited to the health care/medicaid support and recoveries fund to pay for medicaid services and costs associated with the administration of the medicaid program.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59, 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]