Section 5163.098 | Program implementing rules; disregarded income.
(A) The medicaid director shall adopt rules under section 5163.02 of the Revised Code as necessary to implement the medicaid buy-in for workers with disabilities program. The rules shall do all of the following:
(1) Specify assets, asset values, and amounts to be disregarded in determining asset and income eligibility limits for the program;
(2) Establish meanings for the terms "earned income," "health insurance," "resources," "spouse," and "unearned income";
(3) Establish additional eligibility requirements for the program that must be established for the United States secretary of health and human services to approve the program;
(4) For the purpose of division (B) of section 5163.094 of the Revised Code, specify an amount to be subtracted from the difference determined under division (A) of that section.
(B) The director may adopt rules under section 5163.02 of the Revised Code to specify amounts to be disregarded from an individual's earned income, unearned income, or both under division (C) of section 5163.093 of the Revised Code for the purpose of determining whether the individual is within the income eligibility limit for the medicaid buy-in for workers with disabilities program.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59, 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]