Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 6101.35 | Appeal from award of compensation or damages.


Any person or public or private corporation desiring to appeal from an award as to compensation or damages shall, within twenty days from the judgment of the court confirming the report of the board of appraisers of a conservancy district, file with the clerk of such court a written notice making demand for a jury trial, specifying the award or awards from which the appeal is taken. He shall at the same time file a bond with good and sufficient security to be approved by the clerk in the sum of not more than two hundred dollars to the effect that if the appellant does not recover more by the verdict of the jury than the sum awarded him by the board, or if the verdict is not more favorable to him, he will pay the costs of the appeal.

The appeal shall be from the award of compensation or damages, or both, shall require the conservancy district to commence proceedings pursuant to sections 163.01 to 163.22, inclusive, of the Revised Code, but shall not include the questions of necessity for the appropriation, inability of the parties to agree, or any other part of the decree of the court.

Upon filing a petition as provided for in section 163.05 of the Revised Code, a copy thereof shall be served upon each appellant or his attorney, and no other service of summons is necessary.

Available Versions of this Section