Section 6301.04 | State board.
(A) The governor shall establish a state board. The state board shall consist of the following members:
(1) The governor;
(2) Two members of the house of representatives, appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives;
(3) Two members of the senate, appointed by the president of the senate;
(4) Members required under section 101(b)(1)(C) of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, 29 U.S.C. 3111(b)(1)(C);
(5) Any additional members appointed by the governor.
(B) The governor shall appoint members to the board, who serve at the governor's pleasure, to perform duties under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, as authorized by the governor.
(D) All state agencies engaged in workforce development activities shall assist the board in the performance of its duties.
(E) The board shall have the power and authority to do all of the following:
(1) Develop, implement, and modify the state workforce development plan;
(2) Review statewide workforce policies and programs and recommendations on actions to be taken by the state to align workforce development programs to support a comprehensive and streamlined workforce development system;
(3) Recommend measures for the development and continuous improvement of the workforce development system in the state, including updating comprehensive state performance accountability measures, also known as workforce success measures;
(4) Continue to identify and disseminate information on promising practices in the area of workforce development;
(5) Perform other related work that is required of the board by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act or requested by the governor.