Section 925.021 | Egg container labels.
(A) No person shall sell, offer for sale, or expose for sale shell eggs in a container which is not labeled with:
(1) The name and address of the packer or distributor;
(2) An accurate statement of the quantity of the contents in terms of numerical count;
(3) The date the shell eggs were processed;
(4) The correct grade and size or weight class of the contents thereof in accordance with the standards adopted by this state, provided that containers of shell eggs which have not been graded for quality or which fail to meet the requirements of a grade adopted by this state:
(a) Shall be labeled "ungraded" or "unclassified";
(b) May be labeled "mixed size" in lieu of a standard size or weight class adopted by this state, if the eggs average twenty-one ounces or more per dozen.
(B) Except as provided in division (C) of this section, no person shall sell, offer for sale, or expose for sale shell eggs unless the labeling required by division (A) of this section is prominently placed thereon with such conspicuousness as compared with other words, statements, designs, or devices in the labeling as to render it likely to be read and understood by the ordinary individual under customary conditions of purchase and use.
(C) This section does not apply to shell eggs inspected by an agency of the United States government.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 6, 1992 – House Bill 499, 119th General Assembly [ View October 6, 1992 Version ]