Section 926.19 | Commodity handler regulatory program fund.
(A) There is hereby created in the state treasury the commodity handler regulatory program fund. The moneys in the fund shall be used to pay the examination and administrative costs of this chapter and shall consist of:
(1) All revenues collected by the director of agriculture from distribution of the receipt forms under division (B) of section 926.20 of the Revised Code and such other forms and registration books as the director may require by rule for the administration of this chapter;
(2) The application and examination fees collected under division (B) of section 926.05 of the Revised Code;
(3) The agricultural commodity tester certificate fees collected under division (B) of section 926.30 of the Revised Code;
(4) Any moneys transferred from the agricultural commodity depositors fund under section 926.16 of the Revised Code;
(5) All fines, penalties, and costs, except court costs, that are collected under section 926.99 of the Revised Code in consequence of a violation of this chapter;
(6) All sums collected by the director of agriculture under a contract described in section 926.36 of the Revised Code.
(B) The examination and administrative costs of this chapter shall be computed by the director not later than the thirty-first day of December of each even-numbered year to cover the biennium that begins on the following first day of July. The commodity advisory commission created in section 926.32 of the Revised Code shall approve, and may amend, the examination and administrative costs. The commission's decision shall be binding on the director. The commission also at any time may approve for presentation to the controlling board a request to increase or decrease the appropriation authority for the biennial examination and administrative costs if it determines that an increase or decrease in the cost is necessary to carry out the purpose of this chapter.
(C) If at any time the moneys deposited in the fund, including moneys transferred from the agricultural commodity depositors fund under section 926.16 of the Revised Code, are not sufficient to pay the examination and administrative costs of this chapter, the director shall request an appropriation from the general revenue fund to pay those costs.
Available Versions of this Section
- November 5, 2004 – House Bill 421 - 125th General Assembly [ View November 5, 2004 Version ]