Rule 901:14-2-13 | Laboratory testing.
(A) All hemp products prior to being offered for sale shall be tested in accordance with this rule.
(B) The hemp processor shall select a random sample from every batch or lot of hemp products produced at their facility that is of sufficient quantity to perform the required tests. The sample shall be tested by a testing laboratory which meets the requirements of rule 901:14-2-14 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Unless otherwise stated in paragraph (G) of this rule, a processor shall have the testing laboratory test every required hemp product sample for:
(1) Microbial contaminants of public health concern;
(2) Cannabinoid potency including, at minimum:
(a) Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA);
(b) Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC);
(c) Cannabidiolic acid (CBDA);
(d) Cannabidiol (CBD); and
(e) All other cannabinoids listed on the product label.
(4) Heavy metals, including, at a minimum, arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury; and
(5) Residual solvents, if a solvent other than carbon dioxide was used in the extraction process, if applicable.
(D) The processor shall have the testing laboratory estimate and report the measurement of uncertainty with the test results for the cannabinoids listed in paragraph (C)(2) of this rule.
(E) The processor shall obtain from the testing laboratory a certificate of analysis that meets the requirements of rule 901:14-2-15 of the Administrative Code of every hemp product sample tested.
(F) A processor shall not sell or otherwise distribute the hemp product unless the product meets the standards set forth in Chapter 928. of the Revised Code and this chapter.
(1) Hemp products which are used exclusively for fiber purposes are exempt from compliance from rules 901:14-2-13 to 901:14-2-15 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Hemp products derived exclusively from hemp seed are exempt from compliance from rules 901:14-2-13 to 901:14-2-15 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Hemp products that contain a hemp extract or cannabinoids are exempt from the testing requirements found in paragraphs (C)(1) and (C)(3) to (C)(5) of this rule so long as:
(a) The hemp extract and/or cannabinoids were acquired from a source identified in rule 901:14-2-10 of the Administrative Code; and
(b) The hemp extract and/or cannabinoids were accompanied with a certificate of analysis that meets the requirements of rule 901:14-2-15 of the Administrative Code; and
(i) The certificate of analysis matches the batch or lot used in the production of the hemp products by the processor; and
(ii) The certificate of analysis was produced by a laboratory which meets the requirements of rule 901:14-2-14 of the Administrative Code.