Section 2909.13 | Definitions for RC sections 2909.13 to 2909.15.
(A) "Arson-related offense" means any of the following violations or offenses committed by a person:
(2) Any attempt to commit, conspiracy to commit, or complicity in committing either offense listed in division (A)(1) of this section.
(B) "Arson offender" means any of the following:
(1) A person who on or after the effective date of this section is convicted of or pleads guilty to an arson-related offense;
(2) A person who on the effective date of this section has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to an arson-related offense and is confined in a jail, workhouse, state correctional institution, or other institution, serving a prison term, term of imprisonment, or other term of confinement for the offense;
(3) A person who on or after the effective date of this section is charged with committing, attempting to commit, conspiring to commit, or complicity in committing a violation of section 2909.02 or 2909.03 of the Revised Code and who pleads guilty to a violation of any provision of Chapter 2909. of the Revised Code other than section 2909.02 or 2909.03 of the Revised Code.
(C) "Community control sanction," "jail," and "prison" have the same meanings as in section 2929.01 of the Revised Code.
(D) "Firefighter" has the same meaning as in section 4765.01 of the Revised Code.
(E) "Out-of-state arson offender" means a person who is convicted of, pleads guilty to, has been convicted of, or has pleaded guilty to a violation of any existing or former municipal ordinance or law of another state or the United States, or any existing or former law applicable in a military court or in an Indian tribal court, that is or was substantially equivalent to a violation of section 2909.02 or 2909.03 of the Revised Code.
(F) "Post-release control sanction" and "supervised release" have the same meanings as in section 2950.01 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 2013 – Senate Bill 70, 129th General Assembly [ View July 1, 2013 Version ]