Section 3309.22 | Annual statement of funds.
(A)(1) As used in this division, "personal history record" means information maintained in any format by the board on an individual who is a member, former member, contributor, former contributor, retirant, or beneficiary that includes the address, electronic mail address, telephone number, social security number, record of contributions, correspondence with the system, and other information the board determines to be confidential.
(2) The records of the board shall be open to public inspection and may be made available in printed or electronic format, except for the following, which shall be excluded, except with the written authorization of the individual concerned:
(a) The individual's statement of previous service and other information as provided for in section 3309.28 of the Revised Code;
(b) Any information identifying by name and address the amount of a monthly allowance or benefit paid to the individual;
(c) The individual's personal history record.
(B) All medical reports and recommendations required by the system are privileged except as follows:
(1) Copies of medical reports or recommendations shall be made available to the following:
(a) The individual concerned, on written request;
(b) The personal physician, attorney, or authorized agent of the individual concerned on written release received from the individual or the individual's agent;
(c) The board assigned physician.
(2) Documentation required by section 2929.193 of the Revised Code shall be provided to a court holding a hearing under that section.
(C) Any person who is a contributor of the system shall be furnished, on written request, with a statement of the amount to the credit of the person's account. The board need not answer more than one such request of a person in any one year.
(D) Notwithstanding the exceptions to public inspection in division (A)(2) of this section, the board may furnish the following information:
(1) If a member, former member, contributor, former contributor, or retirant is subject to an order issued under section 2907.15 of the Revised Code or an order issued under division (A) or (B) of section 2929.192 of the Revised Code or is convicted of or pleads guilty to a violation of section 2921.41 of the Revised Code, on written request of a prosecutor as defined in section 2935.01 of the Revised Code, the board shall furnish to the prosecutor the information requested from the individual's personal history record.
(2) Pursuant to a court or administrative order issued under section 3119.80, 3119.81, 3121.02, 3121.03, or 3123.06 of the Revised Code, the board shall furnish to a court or child support enforcement agency the information required under that section.
(3) At the written request of any person, the board shall provide to the person a list of the names and addresses of members, former members, retirants, contributors, former contributors, or beneficiaries. The costs of compiling, copying, and mailing the list shall be paid by such person.
(4) Within fourteen days after receiving from the director of job and family services a list of the names and social security numbers of recipients of public assistance pursuant to section 5101.181 of the Revised Code, the board shall inform the auditor of state of the name, current or most recent employer address, and social security number of each contributor whose name and social security number are the same as that of a person whose name or social security number was submitted by the director. The board and its employees shall, except for purposes of furnishing the auditor of state with information required by this section, preserve the confidentiality of recipients of public assistance in compliance with section 5101.181 of the Revised Code.
(5) The system shall comply with orders issued under section 3105.87 of the Revised Code.
On the written request of an alternate payee, as defined in section 3105.80 of the Revised Code, the system shall furnish to the alternate payee information on the amount and status of any amounts payable to the alternate payee under an order issued under section 3105.171 or 3105.65 of the Revised Code.
(6) At the request of any person, the board shall make available to the person copies of all documents, including resumes, in the board's possession regarding filling a vacancy of an employee member or retirant member of the board. The person who made the request shall pay the cost of compiling, copying, and mailing the documents. The information described in this division is a public record.
(7) The system shall provide the notice required by section 3309.673 of the Revised Code to the prosecutor assigned to the case.
(8) The system may provide information requested by the United States social security administration, United States centers for medicare and medicaid services, Ohio public employees deferred compensation program, Ohio police and fire pension fund, state teachers retirement system, public employees retirement system, state highway patrol retirement system, Cincinnati retirement system, or a third party that the school employees retirement board has contracted with for the purpose of administering any part of this chapter.
(E) A statement that contains information obtained from the system's records that is signed by an officer of the retirement system and to which the system's official seal is affixed, or copies of the system's records to which the signature and seal are attached, shall be received as true copies of the system's records in any court or before any officer of this state.