Section 3365.091 | Underperforming participants.
(A) The chancellor of higher education, in consultation with the superintendent of public instruction, shall adopt rules specifying the conditions under which an underperforming participant may continue to participate in the college credit plus program.
The rules shall address at least the following:
(1) The definition of an "underperforming participant";
(2) Any additional conditions that participants with repeated underperformance must satisfy;
(3) The timeframe for notifying an underperforming participant who is determined to be ineligible for participation of such ineligibility;
(4) Mechanisms available to assist underperforming participants;
(5) The role of school guidance counselors and college academic advisers in assisting underperforming participants;
(6) If an underperforming participant is determined to be ineligible for participation, any consequences that such ineligibility may have on the student's ability to complete the secondary school's graduation requirements.
The rules also shall specify the school year for which implementation of the rules adopted pursuant to division (A) of this section shall first apply.
(B) In developing the rules pursuant to division (A) of this section, the chancellor, in consultation with the state superintendent, shall establish a process to receive input from public and nonpublic secondary schools, public and private colleges, and other interested parties.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2017 – Enacted by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]