Section 3702.592 | Certificate of need for long-term care facility beds; Replacement or relocation within county.
(A) The director of health shall accept, for review under section 3702.52 of the Revised Code, certificate of need applications for any of the following purposes if the proposed increase in beds is attributable to a replacement or relocation of existing beds from an existing long-term care facility within the same county:
(1) Approval of beds in a new long-term care facility or an increase of beds in an existing long-term care facility if the beds are proposed to be licensed as nursing home beds under Chapter 3721. of the Revised Code;
(2) Approval of beds in a new county home or new county nursing home, or an increase of beds in an existing county home or existing county nursing home if the beds are proposed to be certified as skilled nursing facility beds under the medicare program, Title XVIII of the "Social Security Act," 49 Stat. 286 (1965), 42 U.S.C. 1395, as amended, or nursing facility beds under the medicaid program, Title XIX of the "Social Security Act," 49 Stat. 286 (1965), 42 U.S.C. 1396, as amended;
(3) An increase of hospital beds registered pursuant to section 3701.07 of the Revised Code as long-term care beds;
(4) An increase of hospital beds registered pursuant to section 3701.07 of the Revised Code as special skilled nursing beds that were originally authorized by and are operated in accordance with section 3702.521 of the Revised Code.
(B) The director shall accept applications described in division (A) of this section at any time.
Last updated August 17, 2021 at 11:21 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 10, 2012 – Amended by House Bill 487 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 10, 2012 Version ]
- September 30, 2024 – Amended by House Bill 110 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2024 Version ]