Section 3704.161 | Enforcement.
(A) The director of environmental protection shall enforce sections 3704.16 to 3704.162 of the Revised Code and the rules adopted under them. In doing so, the director or the director's authorized representative may do either or both of the following:
(1) Inspect, during normal business hours, any motor vehicle or documents located at premises owned, operated, rented, leased, or otherwise used by any owner or operator of a motor vehicle if that motor vehicle is operated for commercial purposes, or by any person engaged in the sale, lease, or rental of motor vehicles or motor vehicle parts, in order to determine compliance with sections 3704.16 to 3704.162 of the Revised Code and the rules adopted under them;
(2) Issue a notice of violation to any person who violates any provision of sections 3704.16 to 3704.162 of the Revised Code or the rules adopted under them and who the director or the director's authorized representative finds has committed such a violation. The notice of violation shall set forth the specific violation allegedly committed by the person and be accompanied by an order requiring the person to comply with the relevant provision. The person may appeal the order to the environmental review appeals commission in accordance with section 3745.04 of the Revised Code.
(1) Requirements and procedures for inspection of motor vehicles and documents under division (A)(1) of this section;
(C)(1) Notwithstanding any other section of the Revised Code relating to the distribution or crediting of fines for violations of the Revised Code, all fines imposed under divisions (D) and (E) of section 3704.99 of the Revised Code resulting from an arrest made by the law enforcement agency of a political subdivision shall be paid to the treasury of the political subdivision.
(2) All civil penalties collected pursuant to section 3704.06 of the Revised Code for violations of section 3704.16 of the Revised Code and the rules adopted under this section shall be deposited in the anti-tampering settlement fund, which is hereby created in the state treasury. The director shall use the moneys in the fund solely for public education concerning and administration and enforcement of sections 3704.16 to 3704.162 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- December 2, 1996 – House Bill 670, 121st General Assembly [ View December 2, 1996 Version ]