Section 3937.30 | Automobile insurance policy defined.
(A) As used in sections 3937.30 to 3937.39 of the Revised Code, "automobile insurance policy" means an insurance policy delivered or issued in this state or covering a motor vehicle required to be registered in this state which:
(1) Provides automobile bodily injury or property damage liability, or related coverage, or any combination thereof;
(2) Insures as named insured, any of the following:
(a) Any one person;
(b) A husband and wife resident in the same household;
(c) Either a husband or a wife who reside in the same household if an endorsement on the policy excludes the other spouse from coverage under the policy and the spouse excluded signs the endorsement. Nothing in division (A)(2)(c) of this section shall prevent the issuance of separate policies to each spouse or affect the compliance of the policy with Chapter 4509. of the Revised Code as to the named insured or any additional insured.
(3) Does not cover garage, automobile sales agency, repair shop, service station, or public parking operation hazards;
(4) Is not issued under an assigned risk plan pursuant to section 4509.70 of the Revised Code.
(B) For purposes of this section, "motor vehicle," means a self-propelled vehicle designed for and principally used on public roads, including an automobile, truck, motorcycle, and a motor home, provided the motor home is not stationary and is not being used as a temporary or permanent residence or office. "Motor vehicle" does not include a trailer, motorized bicycle, golf cart, off-road recreational vehicle, snowmobile, watercraft, construction equipment, farm tractor or other vehicle designed and principally used for agricultural purposes, mobile home, vehicle traveling on treads or rails, or any similar vehicle.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 22, 2013 – House Bill 278, 129th General Assembly [ View March 22, 2013 Version ]