Section 4115.32 | State committee for purchase of products and services of persons with severe disabilities.
(A) Subject to section 4115.36 of the Revised Code, there is hereby created the state committee for the purchase of products and services provided by persons with severe disabilities. The committee shall be composed ex officio of the following persons, or their designees:
(1) The directors of administrative services, mental health and addiction services, developmental disabilities, transportation, natural resources, and commerce;
(2) The administrator of the bureau of workers' compensation and the executive director of the opportunities for Ohioans with disabilities agency;
(3) The secretary of state;
(4) One representative of a purchasing department of a political subdivision who is designated by the governor.
The governor shall appoint two representatives of a qualified nonprofit agency for persons with severe disabilities, and a person with a severe disability to the committee.
(B) Within thirty days after September 29, 1995, the governor shall appoint the representatives of a qualified nonprofit agency for persons with severe disabilities to the committee for a term ending August 31, 1996. Thereafter, terms for such representatives are for three years, each term ending on the same day of the same month of the year as did the term that it succeeds. Each committee member shall serve from the date of the member's appointment until the end of the term for which the member was appointed. Vacancies shall be filled in the same manner provided for original appointments. Any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration date of the term for which the member's predecessor was appointed shall serve as a member for the remainder of that term. A member shall serve subsequent to the expiration of the member's term and shall continue to serve until the member's successor takes office.
(C) Members of the committee shall serve without compensation. Except as otherwise provided in divisions (C)(1) and (2) of this section, members shall be reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses, including travel expenses, incurred while away from their homes or regular places of business and incurred while performing services for the committee.
(1) The members listed in divisions (A)(1) to (3) of this section, or their designees, shall not be reimbursed for any expenses.
(2) No member of the committee who is entitled to receive reimbursement for the performance of services for the committee from another agency or entity shall receive reimbursement from the committee.
(D) The committee shall elect from among its members a chairperson. The committee may request from any agency of the state, political subdivision, or instrumentality of the state any information necessary to enable it to carry out the intent of sections 4115.31 to 4115.35 of the Revised Code. Upon request of the committee, the agency, subdivision, or instrumentality shall furnish the information to the chairperson of the committee.
(E) The committee shall not later than one hundred eighty days following the close of each fiscal year transmit to the governor, the general assembly, and each qualified nonprofit agency for persons with severe disabilities a report that includes the names of the committee members serving during the preceding fiscal year, the dates of committee meetings in that year, and any recommendations for changes in sections 4115.31 to 4115.35 of the Revised Code that the committee determines are necessary.
(F) The director of administrative services shall designate a subordinate to act as executive director of the committee and shall furnish other staff and clerical assistance, office space, and supplies required by the committee.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]