Section 4517.171 | Denial or revocation of construction equipment auction license.
(A) The registrar of motor vehicles shall, except as provided in division (B) of this section, deny the application of any person for a construction equipment auction license or may revoke a license previously issued if the registrar finds that the person:
(1) Is not eligible for the license pursuant to section 4517.16 of the Revised Code;
(2) Has made any false statement of a material fact in the application;
(3) Is of bad business repute or has habitually defaulted on financial obligations;
(4) Has been guilty of a fraudulent act in connection with selling or otherwise dealing in auctions, vehicles, or equipment;
(5) Is insolvent;
(6) Is of insufficient responsibility to ensure the prompt payment of any final judgments that might reasonably be entered against the applicant because of the transaction of the construction equipment auction business during the period of the license applied for, or has failed to satisfy any such judgment.
(B) The registrar shall not refuse to issue a license to an applicant because of a conviction of or plea of guilty to an offense unless the refusal is in accordance with section 9.79 of the Revised Code.
(C) Any person who has been denied a license or has had a license revoked under this section may appeal from the action of the registrar to the motor vehicle dealers board in the manner provided in section 4517.33 of the Revised Code.
Last updated October 9, 2021 at 4:53 AM