Section 4517.20 | Motor vehicle dealer - prohibited acts.
(A) No motor vehicle dealer licensed under Chapter 4517. of the Revised Code shall do any of the following:
(1) Directly or indirectly, solicit the sale of a motor vehicle through a pecuniarily interested person other than a salesperson licensed in the employ of a licensed dealer;
(2) Pay any commission or compensation in any form to any person in connection with the sale of a motor vehicle unless the person is licensed as a salesperson in the employ of the dealer;
(3) Fail to immediately notify the registrar of motor vehicles upon termination of the employment of any person licensed as a salesperson to sell, display, offer for sale, or deal in motor vehicles for the dealer;
(4) Knowingly engage in any wholesale motor vehicle transaction with any person required to be licensed pursuant to Chapter 4517. of the Revised Code, if the person is not licensed pursuant to that chapter, if the person's license to operate as a dealer has been suspended or revoked, or if the person's application for a license to operate as a dealer has been denied.
(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2004 – Senate Bill 123, 124th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2004 Version ]