Section 4517.19 | Motor vehicle wholesaler - prohibited acts.
(A) No motor vehicle wholesaler shall:
(1) Sell, offer for sale, or display for sale at wholesale a motor vehicle, when the motor vehicle wholesaler has reasonable cause to believe that the odometer of the motor vehicle has been changed, tampered with, or disconnected to reflect a lesser mileage or use, unless the motor vehicle wholesaler first gives clear and unequivocal notice of the odometer's altered condition;
(2) Sell or offer for sale at wholesale a motor vehicle unless the motor vehicle wholesaler is the legal owner of the motor vehicle;
(3) Sell, offer for sale, or display for sale at wholesale a motor vehicle without making available an odometer disclosure statement that is signed by the owner of the motor vehicle as required by section 4505.06 of the Revised Code and that complies with subchapter IV of the "Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act," 86 Stat. 961 (1972), 15 U.S.C. 1981;
(4) Fail, within ten days of acceptance of an offer for sale at wholesale, to deliver an Ohio certificate of title or the current certificate of title issued for the motor vehicle, and all title assignments that evidence the seller's ownership of the motor vehicle, to the purchaser of the motor vehicle. Failure to deliver title within ten days of acceptance of an offer for sale at wholesale is grounds for rescission of the agreement to buy.
(B) Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree. If the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a violation of this section, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2004 – Senate Bill 123 - 124th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2004 Version ]