Section 4713.69 | Boutique services registration.
(A) The state board of cosmetology shall issue a boutique services registration to an applicant who satisfies all of the following applicable conditions:
(1) Is at least sixteen years of age;
(2) Is of good moral character;
(3) Has the equivalent of an Ohio public school tenth grade education;
(4) Has submitted a written application on a form prescribed by the board containing all of the following:
(a) The applicant's name and home address;
(b) The applicant's home telephone number and cellular telephone number, if any;
(c) The applicant's electronic mail address, if any;
(d) The applicant's date of birth;
(e) The address and telephone number where boutique services will be performed. The address shall not contain a post office box number.
(f) Whether the applicant has an occupational license, certification, or registration to provide beauty services in another state, and if so, what type of license and in what state;
(g) Whether the applicant has ever had an occupational license, certification, or registration suspended, revoked, or denied in any state;
(h) An affidavit providing proof of formal training or apprenticeship under an individual providing such services.
(B) The place of business where boutique services are performed must comply with the safety and sanitation requirements for licensed salon facilities as described in section 4713.41 of the Revised Code.
(C) Within six months of the effective date of this section, the board shall specify the manner by which boutique services registrants shall fulfill the continuing education requirements set forth in section 4713.09 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 13, 2016 – Enacted by Senate Bill 213 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 13, 2016 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]
- April 5, 2019 – Amended by Senate Bill 255 - 132nd General Assembly [ View April 5, 2019 Version ]
- October 9, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 263 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 9, 2021 Version ]
- December 29, 2023 – Amended by Senate Bill 131 - 134th General Assembly [ View December 29, 2023 Version ]