Section 4723.71 | Advisory group on dialysis.
(A) There is hereby established, under the board of nursing, the advisory group on dialysis. The advisory group shall advise the board of nursing regarding the qualifications, standards for training, and competence of dialysis technicians and dialysis technician interns and all other related matters. The advisory group shall consist of the members appointed under divisions (B) and (C) of this section. A member of the board of nursing or a representative appointed by the board shall serve as chairperson of all meetings of the advisory group.
(B) The board of nursing shall appoint the following as members of the advisory group:
(1) Four dialysis technicians;
(2) A registered nurse who regularly performs dialysis and cares for patients who receive dialysis;
(3) A physician, recommended by the state medical board, who specializes in nephrology or an advanced practice registered nurse recommended by the board of nursing who specializes in nephrology;
(4) An administrator of a dialysis center;
(5) A dialysis patient;
(6) A representative of the Ohio hospital association;
(7) A representative from the end-stage renal disease network, as defined in 42 C.F.R. 405.2102.
(C) The members of the advisory group appointed under division (B) of this section may recommend additional persons to serve as members of the advisory group. The board of nursing may appoint, as appropriate, any of the additional persons recommended.
(D) The board of nursing shall specify the terms for the advisory group members. Members shall serve at the discretion of the board of nursing. Members shall receive their actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties.