Section 4731.04 | Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(A) "Fifth pathway training" means supervised clinical training obtained in the United States as a substitute for the internship or social service requirements of a foreign medical school.
(B) "Graduate medical education" means education received through any of the following:
(1) An internship, residency, or clinical fellowship program conducted in the United States and accredited by either the accreditation council for graduate medical education of the American medical association or the American osteopathic association;
(2) A clinical fellowship program that is not accredited as described in division (B)(1) of this section, but is conducted in the United States at an institution with a residency program that is accredited as described in that division and is in a clinical field the same as or related to the clinical field of the fellowship program;
(3) An internship program conducted in Canada and accredited by the committee on accreditation of preregistration physician training programs of the federation of provincial medical licensing authorities of Canada;
(4) A residency program conducted in Canada and accredited by either the royal college of physicians and surgeons of Canada or the college of family physicians of Canada.
(C) "Massage therapy" means the treatment of disorders of the human body by the manipulation of soft tissue through the systematic external application of massage techniques including touch, stroking, friction, vibration, percussion, kneading, stretching, compression, and joint movements within the normal physiologic range of motion; and adjunctive thereto, the external application of water, heat, cold, topical preparations, and mechanical devices.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2017 – Enacted by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- April 12, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 442, 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]